This past week, my group and I finished up phase II of the IDB project. We kind of procrastinated and did the majority of the phase's work in the last week. I think there was some miscommunication and/or confusion in our team, because sometimes we didn't know what other team members were doing or planning to do. In class, I continued to learn about databases and SQL. We also had the second half of the ethics talk by Dr. Rich and Dr. Cline. Peculiarly, my Modern Web Applications class is also starting to talk about SQL during lectures, so the material is slightly repetitive, but hopefully it will reinforce my learning instead. I also finished up a final round interview with a company I really want to intern at, so I'm anxiously awaiting my result. I also stayed up until nearly 6 AM last night watching the League of Legends World Championship, so I doubt my weekend will be very productive.
As of now, just the motivation to work on phase III of the IDB project. I can't believe that the project is over halfway done, since sometimes it still feels like the beginning of the semester. Our team needs to write more tests, since we kind of ran out of time at the end. Also, the requirements were a little vague, so we weren't sure how comprehensive our tests needed to be. I hope that the phase II grades will be complete soon, so we can take the time to fix our project and not lose any more points in the next phase.
Next week, I'll try to dig out the motivation to work on the IDB project, especially since there are only 1.5 more weeks for this phase. I will also be working on my Modern Web Application project. I'm hoping to hear back about the result of my interview, and maybe I'll be a good student and start thinking about studying for final exams.
I touched on this earlier, but overall Project #3 didn't turn out to be as technically challenging as I expected. Since the phase's requirements were split among all the group members, each person didn't actually have too bad of a time. However, because the requirements were so interconnected and dependent on each other, it made working on certain parts difficult. We scraped our data and set up the database a bit late but still with time to spare, but that meant that we had to improve the front-end as soon as possible and work on tests immediately after. Still, I loved watching our website become more interactive and useful, so I'm looking forward to implementing the next phase's requirements.
react-d3-components. In phase IV, we have to use D3 to visualize some data. Well, it turns out that there's a React wrapper for some D3 components, so you can easily visualize data in a bar chart, pie chart, or whatever chart you'd like.